- We have a page on our website which shows all the press releases in the Newham Recorder. Click here to visit the page.
- Our language of the month for May will be Turkish.
- 3K are visiting The Tower of London this week.
- Year 1 are visiting The Tower Bridge Experience throughout the week.
- We have teams competing in Tennis Tournaments and Mini-Games Competitions this week.
Autism provision & SEN
The Ravenscroft Autism Provision aims to ensure that:
Pupils with autism explore, connect and contribute!
- pupils with autism are happy, confident and included in every area of school life
- all pupils access and explore a multi-sensory learning environment (indoor and outdoor) that is attractive, friendly and safe
- class teachers and supporting staff are trained and experienced in meeting the needs of pupils with autism
- staff teams work in partnership with families and carers
- a specialist autism teacher and therapists work with teams to assess the pupil’s specific needs and provide appropriate interventions and advice
- pupils with autism build strong relationships with staff and have a real sense of shared responsibility
- all staff reflect on how children communicate through behaviour, and respond flexibly and creatively to challenges
- pupils with autism contribute to, and enjoy being part of, the wider community
As a pupil with autism at Ravenscroft Primary School, I can expect to...
- be welcomed and appreciated as a valued member of my class
- enjoy and explore the world around me, both in school and on visits
- take part in curriculum activities that are purposeful and meaningful for me
- develop ways of communicating and interacting with others that are mutually effective and enjoyable
- learn how to regulate my sensory and emotional needs
- be given every opportunity to become an independent learner
- be creative and imaginative, motivated by my interests and self-confidence
- use technology and lots of different resources and locations to enhance my learning
- be supported to develop socially, morally, emotionally and physically
- feel included and understood and know that my opinions count